Saturday, November 1, 2008

Little Blue Heaven




Little Blue Heaven is what my gram referred to her house as. Some of you know that she was reunited with her husband in heaven on Saturday, October 25th. I wanted you to see some pictures of her and know just how much of a wonderful woman she was.

She was 26 when she married my grandpa, Ray and 38 when she had my mom. And let me tell you that being 38 back then and having your first child got you some strange looks in the hospital. Most women back then were having baby #6 or 8 or 10.

She loved her church and church family but mostly she loved us. My mom and I always make the joke that after I was born my mom didn't exist anymore and after Cassidy was born I didn't exist anymore. We're a small family but she liked that because our little family would fill the pew in church. I can remember only one time that she got mad and yelled at me but I can't remember what it was for. She never really got mad at people or held grudges. She was always so happy and full of life. There are so many stories I could tell about her but the only important thing to know about my grammy is just how loved she was and how deeply she will be missed.


Safely Home

I am home in heaven, dear ones;
Oh, so happy and so bright!
There is perfect joy and beauty
In this everlasting light.
All the pain and grief is over,
Every restless tossing passed;
I am now at peace forever,
Safely Home in heaven at last.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was really great Lori. That takes me back to when my great-grandmother died a few years ago. I know what you and Cassidy are going through and you are still getting P&Ps from the Manno home. That poem at the end made me a little emotional.

God Bless,
Adam

Greg said...

Lori, I am so sorry to hear this, but I am smiling because I know you have such wonderful memories. I lost a family member on October 13th. All I can wish you is to love all the time and to celebrate life!

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here wiping my tears. That was a beautiful story of your grandmother. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Gina and Brooke

Anonymous said...

Lori,
Beautiful! Such a nice tribute to your Grandma. The photos are all great but I especially love that last one - the love just pours forth from both of those faces!

Sandy