Monday, November 10, 2008

2 months and counting--can you help?

Two months from now my friend and I will be participating in the 1/2 marathon in Walt Disney World. This is a 13.1 mile race that begins in the Epcot parking lot goes through the Magic Kingdom and then returns through Epcot and finishes in the Epcot parking lot. That just made me tired thinking about it.

I am running in support of The Dream Team Project, which raises money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America. The number one wish of the seriously ill children that Make-A-Wish serves is to visit Walt Disney World. It is the goal of The Dream Team Project to help those wishes come true, so that a family can have some happy memories during a difficult time.

I have been very fortunate to visit WDW many times and on several of those trips I have seen these kids having their wishes fulfilled. Let me tell you, if you are there when they get to see Mickey Mouse or Cinderella for the first time and their face lights up, you can't help but shed a few tears. They are tears of sorrow but also tears of joy.

Would you please help me reach my goal of $1000.00 to help these kids?

I am asking you to sponsor me with a per-mile donation:


$10.00 per mile = $131.00
$7.50 per mile = $98.25
$5.00 per mile = $65.50
$2.50 per mile = $32.75
$1.00 per mile = $13.10


or any other amount that you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Donations may be made by credit card via The Dream Team Project's firstgiving.com page at http://firstgiving.com/dwtdreamteam . Please include a note in the comments section that the donation is for Lori Burke's Half Marathon Sponsorship.

Thank you for helping me make children's wishes come true and supporting me as I make one of my dreams come true: to complete this half marathon in honor of these children.

No comments: