Monday, September 15, 2008

Why In The Heck Is It Called This?

Most Disney fans know where "We wants the redhead" comes from. But for those of you that don't, it's part of one of my favorite rides, Pirates of the Caribbean in the Magic Kingdom. During the wench auction, the pirates are yelling "we wants the redhead" at the well endowed redhead waiting to be auctioned off. Now my husband will tell you that during this part is when I start yelling "I'm right here", since I am a redhead. This is one reason why my blog is named what it is but I actually have another reason for it.

A good friend of mine said to me one day, while walking through Liberty Square, that I should blog. I looked at him funny and said "yeah right". He told me it could be called "We wants the redhead". Right then and there I fell in love with the name of it. So here I am many months later blogging on We Wants The Redhead. So I'd like to thank Glenn for the name and the push I needed to blog. And if you don't like it, then it's his fault. Ok, his and my other friends that said I should do this.



Next up, my co-host roll on the WDWRadio show.

3 comments:

sambycat said...

welcomes to the blogosphere, doll! can't wait to hear the show with lou!!! kungaloosh!

Ryan P. Wilson said...

So excited to see more from the Redhead!

Princess Fee said...

I love the title of your blog - it's very cool!!
Sorry I just got round to getting on here - I have not had a chance to get through half the blogs I need to...yikes!
And I shall listen to your stint on WDW Radio Show on the way over the Atlantic on Saturday ;)