Saturday, October 13, 2012

"Because you can’t smile on the outside without feeling better on the inside"

When I decided to participate in the Walt Disney World 2009 half marathon I also committed to raising money for children with serious diseases. I went out and raised around $800 for Make-A-Wish through the Dream Team Project. Not only was I doing something good for myself, I was doing something even better for someone that I would never meet.

A few years later I was lucky enough to meet a child with the money the Dream Team raised. She was an amazing little girl. Every so often I think about her and wonder how she is. Not only did I touch her life with helping with her wish, but she unknowingly touched mine.

Now as one of the Captains of the WDW Radio Running Team, I'm looking for donations to touch another child's life with your help. As you know in about 90 days I will be participating in the Walt Disney World Goofy Challenge. While this has been a dream of mine for a few years, achieving it knowing that I helped another child achieve their dream will make it even more special. I'm not asking for much. Give whatever you can...$5, $10 or a dollar a mile which would be $39 (39.3 miles to be exact) or give $40 in honor of my 40th birthday. Any little bit helps. When donating please make a comment in the "special notes" section saying something like "Supporting Lori's Goofy Dream" or "Lori's 40th birthday wish", just something for me to be able to know the donation was in my honor and I can track it.

Please use the link below to donate:

http://friends.wish.org/100-100/page/Lou-Mongello/The-Dream-Team.htm

Thank you in advance!

Up next: A training update!

1 comment:

Village Talkies said...

Thank you very much for providing important information. All your information is very valuable to me.
Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.