Sunday, January 17, 2010

Marathon Weekend 2010

There is only one word to sum up Disney Marathon Weekend 2010: COLD!! I hope I am never at Disney when it's that cold ever again. It really throws you off. I didn't do as many things as I would've liked to and I didn't take nearly as many pictures either. Walking around on crutches didn't help either and either did ending up sick by Sunday. It was an odd kind of trip but still a good one.

Highlights from Thursday:
*Marathon Expo
*Running into Erin's cousin in Epcot
*Drinking around World Showcase
*Seeing Tigger (of course)
*Dinner at Teppan Edo
*We Wants The Redhead meet at Jellyrolls

Highlights from Friday:
*Rope drop at The Studios
*One Man's Dream
*Mitch crashing my wheelchair into a pole at the Great Movie Ride
*Streetmasphere messing around with Erin
*The KT tape booth at the expo
*Lapu Lapu's with Mitch
*Dinner at 'Ohanas with my friends

Highlights from Saturday:
*SNOW in Orlando
*Being able to run 3 miles before my leg started bothering me
*Rum shot at the 5k mark
*Doing the half marathon with Mitch and Chuck (I couldn't have done it without them)
*Mitch dragging me up heartbreak hill
*Finishing my 2nd WDW half marathon
*Being so cold that I couldn't even text
*Hoop Dee Doo and Crockett's Tavern
*Trying to walk on crutches drunk. Don't recommend trying that.

Highlights from Sunday:
*Massage at Boardwalk that ended up giving me a bad burn on my body. Hot water bag broke on me and water ran down over my side. Not a pleasant feeling.
*Moving to Kidani Village with savannah view
*Beaches and Cream lunch with Mary Jo and the gang after her awesome Goofy Challenge!
*Birthday dinner at Sanaa. I love my friends!!

Highlights from Monday:
*There are none! I was so sick by Monday that I couldn't fly home. We checked out of Kidani and moved over to Pop Century for a night. I stayed in bed all day while Erin went and hung out with Mojo.


It was a great weekend with some amazing memories! I hope you enjoy the slideshow.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the slide show!! Especially the part about me being a "rock star". LOL
Great Summary of events.
MoJo

Anonymous said...

Great job on the slideshow. That was fun!

Lee