Monday, March 23, 2009

People Keep Asking Me....

....am I 23? And I keep replying "No, I'm 36!" Yes, I just admitted my age. No big deal! It doesn't really bother me since people actually think I'm younger than what I really am. Which is fine by me.

But what is 23? Here are a few things that relate to that number:

1. It was the age I was when I got married. (1996)

2. I was also 23 when the Magic Kingdom was celebrating it's 25th anniversary. What a beautiful pink castle cake that was.

3. In 1923, Time magazine hit the news stands.

4. Bob Baker, George Patton IV, Jean Stapleton and Don Adams were born in 1923.

5. Poncho Villa and Sarah Bernhardt passed away in 1923.

6. 23 years ago (1986) I was in 8th grade. Boy, does that seem like a life time ago.

7. In 1986, the Space Shuttle Challenger disintegrates. I can remember watching it on tv in school that day. I also went to Kennedy Space Center that year and saw where it had launched from. Very sad.

8. My first trip to Walt Disney World was 23 years ago.

9. I participated in Hands Across America the spring of 86'. I think my mom still has a hat from that somewhere.

10. Captain EO opened in 1986. "We Are Here To Change The World"

But most importantly 23 means being part of the Official Community For Disney Fans. Now I won't go into details since so many other blogs and Disney sites have been talking about this for sometime now. I'll provide the link for you: http://d23.disney.go.com/index.html .

And ask......ARE YOU 23?

4 comments:

Gator Chris said...

"And ask......ARE YOU 23?"

Yep!

Thanks for asking.

Anonymous said...

You're 23 forever! Magical wishes!

bigbrian-nc.com said...

dang, hands across America, I remember that, I drove a few friends up east of Columbus OH to participate!


and when I was 23? 1990 9 years after my last trip to Disneyland (the only Disney park I had visited up to that time) and still 6 years before my first trip to WDW!

Anonymous said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!